Friday, October 9, 2009

Summer's Last Hurrah

For the combined National Day/Mid-Autumn Day holiday, my university gave me 9 days off so Tina, Morty and I dashed over to a nearby island called Dong Shan, about a three hour bus ride from Xiamen. Now living in Xiamen, the ocean is an everyday occurrence and Xiamen is one of the top tourist cities in China so it's very clean and beautiful compared to most other Chinese cities of similar size, so just visiting the ocean isn't enough to get us excited, but the seaside we saw at Dong Shan was absolutely breathtaking. It was Tina's first time seeing waves this big, and it was also her first experience camping. I got a bit of sunburn but it was all worth it. Peep the pics.












3 comments:

TG said...

Awsome pics, my friend! :)

Your girlfriend is gorgeus.

I'm currently smitten with a Taiwanese girl and wish me luck that things go well. So far they seem good. I hope to find myself on a wonderful Taiwanese beach with my (future) beautiful girl :)

Mark Carver said...

Actually she's my wife :-). And I wish you good luck, I hear a lot of great things about Taiwanese girls.

Anonymous said...

The water looks surprisingly clean. I usually don't see beaches that clean from China in pictures.

Oh, I agree, Taiwanese girls are pretty, even though I'm a girl myself, lol.